Why is it important to install printer drivers?
Canon printer driver is a program that provides the information needed to operate the printer functions. Whenever a user wants to print a document, they point to a printer and send a print request. This clearly shows that the Canon printer driver is fully installed. The printer driver helps the computer understand the complex hardware processes of the printer. The software also translates printed documents into a language that the printer can easily recognize to print pages. Thus, the printer driver establishes a connection between the computer and the printer.
If you purchased a new printer, you must complete the hardware setup first before installing the driver. Hardware setup includes removing all key printer components, including toner, cartridges, and fuser. Also, install black and white ink cartridges, load A4 sheets in the container and prepare a USB/Ethernet cable. We also recommend that you complete the printer’s network setup before installing the driver. There are several ways to connect, including using a wireless LAN setup, connecting an Ethernet cable to the router, or using a WPS push button if the router has the same outlet technology.
Finish and all steps to download printer driver
After the initial setup is complete, see the steps for extracting the Canon printer driver below.
- To start the download process on a Canon printer driver, you need to launch the ij. start.canon website. To do this, it is important to have access to the updated website and to have the version of your operating system fully functional. Edge Chromium, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are some of the web browsers.
- After opening your favorite browser, drag and drop the cursor into the address bar. Enter usa.canon.com and immediately press Enter to access the home page.
- You need to provide your printer serial number (such as MX922, TS9020, etc.) to get the best driver for your printer.
- So, check the printer label model number and enter it in the search field. Then select a special printer name from the names displayed on the screen. Then click Go.
- A new window will appear on your screen with special instructions for your particular printer and the appropriate driver. Select the Drivers & Downloads tab at the bottom of the page.
- In the Driver Contract section, we first look at the initial selection of duties and conditions. If the content is incorrect, you can modify it as you wish.
- Now click on the MP Driver Options tab. The download button will immediately appear on your screen. Click to continue the download process.
- A strong Wi-Fi signal is required to complete the Canon printer driver download.
- When the download cycle is successfully completed, the data is stored in the Downloads folder. However, you can change the default personal data source if you wish.
Instructions needed to install a printer driver
- Connect to the folder where you previously saved the configuration file. After finding the Canon printer driver files, select the files and click the Next Run button.
- In a few seconds, the first program window will appear on your computer screen. Just click the Next button to start the installation.
- You will now be prompted to select an address. So select the radio button of a specific area to select the correct one. Click Next to continue.
- The software installation list window now appears on your screen. Here you need to select the checkbox for Canon printer driver, manual and other add-on software according to your printing needs. Then click on the link to another page.
- All users must have a printer and computer connected to begin installing the software. Please see the printer information included with your purchase. Make sure you can connect the printer wirelessly. Alternatively, you can get a working USB cable for the connection.
- When the program searches for your printer, select it without delay. This will immediately start the software installation and at the end of the process, you will see a complete Windows installation.
- The program can display the search window further. Depending on your preference, you may or may not accept this survey. Click Approve to install Search and follow the on-screen instructions to complete all required tasks. Also, the option I disagree with does not affect the operation of the printer.
- A print window now appears on your screen. Canon recommends checking the printer’s capabilities immediately, which requires clicking the Run button. When the printer enters the tray full of A4 size pages, the printed pages have come out of the printer successfully.
You can check the ink level in the pump, adjust the ink cartridges used, clean the ink tank and feed rollers, change the feed, adjust the printer, etc. Please read the detailed instructions below. Make all the impressions.
print head cleaning
The print head should be cleaned regularly to avoid printing errors. The printer is the mainstay of the printer that converts pen to paper. Data with clogged printheads may be printed differently, so data may not be printed correctly. This Canon printer software allows you to clean the print head without opening the top cover of the printer. To clean, follow these steps:
- Turn on the printer and select the cleaning icon from the main menu of Canon IJ Printer Utility.
- Then a new dialog box will appear. Here you need to select the group of pens which should perform the cleaning process.
- Then click Run Cleanup. When the pop-up window appears indicating that the cleanup is complete, click Done.
- Click Print Check Pattern to see if the printer can now print clean documents.
- Choose your preferred ink cartridge
Canon Ij Printer Utility allows you to change the ink cartridge settings as desired. If one of the cartridges is not configured correctly, you can restart printing using another cartridge after replacing it. Take a look at the steps mentioned below for that.
- Launch the app and select the Ink Cartridge Settings option from the main screen.
- Among all the ink cartridges, select the one you want to print next to.
- Click Apply and select OK in the confirmation dialog. When printing pages, the printer uses the ink cartridge option selected in the steps above.
- Reduce printer noise
Sometimes the printer makes noise when rotating it, which affects the operation. To keep the printer in automatic mode, you can use Canon Printer Ij Utility. To do this, follow the instructions provided.
- In the context menu, click on the root to select the silent location.
- You will now see several options such as “Disable silent mode”, “Always use silent mode” or “Enable silent mode for timing”.
- Choose the third option to reduce printer noise for a while. Then choose the start time and end time as you like. Click Apply to complete your changes.
- Printer power management
You can check the printer power at any time by accessing the main menu of Canon IJ Printer Utility. Assuming you cannot turn off the printer using the power button, you can use this electronic device.
- Make sure Power Settings are selected in the main Canon Ij Printer Utility dialog box.
- Now click Power o
- When the confirmation box appears, click OK and the printer will shut down immediately.
Print a Nozzle Check Pattern
With Canon Ij Utility, you can check the printhead status to make sure it is working properly. Follow the given steps for this.
- After launching the home screen, select the Print option.
- Now find the nozzle check icon and click on it.
- You will then need to load the white paper into the container.
- Click Print Check Pattern to print the page. Finally, check the print results and click Delete if you don’t need to clean up the print.
Many users complain about various driving issues, such as file settings, not opening, programs not seeing the printer, or drivers crashing unexpectedly. This special problem prevents users from starting the printer at work. So, check out our step-by-step and step-by-step troubleshooting procedures to get rid of driver issues and get Canon set up without any hassle.
- I checked out the file, but when I tried to access it, I got the error message “Could not open file”. Make sure your operating system is selected for fast recovery. It was assumed that if your Windows OS is 32-bit and you choose the 62-bit version, no data will be run for setup. In this case, you need to go to the official website, update the OS version and download the Canon printer driver again.
- If the program in Windows detects that the printer does not recognize the printer, there is a problem with the driver. Therefore, you need to check the USB cable connected to your computer and connect it correctly. However, if you are using a WLAN setup, make sure the printer display shows the same SSID that appears in your computer’s Wi-Fi directory.
- In some cases, the firewall or pre-installed antivirus running on the computer does not allow Canon printer drivers. Thus, if a Windows firewall appears during installation, you must activate it by checking the “Allow” box. In these critical cases, you may need to reinstall the driver.
- However, you must delete the old files before reinstalling them. In Windows, you can remove it by simply opening the Control Panel application. On a Mac, go to Finder and move the Download driver files to the Trash. It also deletes data from the recycling device. Now go to usa.canon.com and reinstall the drivers.